Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving!

We had the best visit this past week. We traveled down to Deming on Wednesday afternoon and didn't get back till last night at 9:00 p.m. We got to spend lots of time with our family, Grandparents, Moms and Dads, Siblings, Cousins, Aunts and Uncles, and there is nothing like good ole home cookin'! The baby really enjoyed all the turkey and sweet potatoes (one of his faves!). He got to play and play and play with his Grandparents and Cousins. He was so exhausted at the end of the day. Poor thing! Jordan and I got up at 4 a.m. on Black Friday to hit the sales at Wal-Mart. We ended up getting some Christmas gifts and a Christmas tree and a TV for my parents (they paid us back of course). I've never been shopping on Black Friday, I've always tried to avoid the craziness of it all, so this was my first time and I have to say I'm glad I avoid it! It's down right insane! Did you know a Wal-Mart employee was trampled to death because of their sales (not in Deming though)? I just couldn't help but think, as people were ramming their carts into my rear end over and over that this was not what Christmas is about. It's madness. I just wanted to yell at all of them, "GET A GRIP! You are acting like crazy people!"

So after that I dropped the baby off at Grandma and Grandpa Garcia's house, where he played and played some more, while my mom and I went to El Paso to approve the album the Photographer put together for me. I can't wait to get it, it's a nice leather bound album with large cardboard pages. It's going to be beautiful, we won't get it till March though, bummer! And then we hit the sales at the mall. It was nice but we got tired and decided to take a nice break for lunch at PF Chang's and in walks Jordan and Avery! Total surprise! We have some good husbands, they drove all the way from Deming to El Paso to surprise us. Lifted our spirits in a second! I had even just talked to Jordan on the phone, before they walked in, and he had me fooled that he was sitting around the house in Deming. It was so sweet!

But I've got a good leg up on Christmas shopping and so far a majority of my wrapping as well! AWESOME! At this rate there will be no last minute shopping for me! I love the holiday season, so cheery and bright, I love getting Christmas cards in the mail and making bows and singing Christmas songs and decorating and looking at the lights! I'm so excited to be able to share all of this with my son this year! YAY! It's so much fun!

Oh and one last announcement! We've decided to have Aden's first birthday party on the 3rd of Jan. It's going to be Safari themed, my mom is going to make a lion cake!!! Everyone is invited, I just can't believe that he is already going to be a whole year old! But be looking for the invitations!

And I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments: