Monday, January 5, 2009

We're Back!

We had the best time this Holiday Season. We actually just got back yesterday afternoon. And lucky us, there was more snow! Geez! We had to shovel the driveway and sidewalk before we could even start to unload the truck. And you should have seen how loaded down the truck was, it was a little ridiculous. But we are both back at work today and Aden is back to school.

So we had a great Christmas for starters, Christmas Eve was spent at Jordan's Family's house. They usually have a big Christmas Eve Party complete with a visit from Santa. It was so much fun, the kids all sang "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" for Santa to appear, and rocks were thrown on the roof to sound like reindeer, and then in walks Santa with a great big bag of presents for all the kiddies! Aden included. It's such a special tradition. It was a lot of fun for me this year too because not only was it Aden's First Christmas but my Dad played Santa! YAY! And then in the middle of the annual white elephant gift exchange Aden started WALKING! In front of everyone! My parents, Jordan's Parents, Aunts, Uncles, and us! We all got to see his first steps. It was a miracle for sure, our very own Christmas miracle. I was so afraid that he would take his first steps at daycare and that all of us would miss it, but he just decided that the stage was set for the performance of a lifetime! It was amazing! I thank God for that amazing opportunity that he gave to us. I'll always remember it!

Anyways, Christmas morning was fun, we stuffed all the stockings and laid out all Aden's Santa gifts...which he got WAY too much! But poor little guy, we started him on cow's milk and I don't think it set well with him, he was a little sick on Christmas morning but he felt better later on in the day. We had Christmas Lunch with Jordan's Aunt Chita and Uncle Charlie and then had a nice quiet Christmas with my family later in the day.

And then we just got to kick back and enjoy all the gifts and family. Josh was in town for a while so it was nice for him to get to spend some time with Aden. And then we had New Years. Aden stayed with my mom while Jordan and I went to his Aunt Becca's house for a Party. It was a great time, but nothing wild. Aden also had his first hair cut this trip too. Aunt Chita cut it for him just like she does for Daddy. Ah memories! And then we had.....

ADEN'S FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!

Complete with pony rides, sack races, and a lion Pinata! My mom made the cutest cake ever! And Aden got WAY to many gifts...again! Poor little guy was so tired from all the fun that he crashed out very early. But there is nothing like picking out the Birthday Card for your child's first birthday. I have to admit that I cried, right there, in the card isle, in Wal-Mart. I just can't believe how fast this year has gone and I have been so blessed this year. And my baby is already a year old and walking.

But I have tons and tons of pics from the whole vacation. There are a lot so I might just post my faves and do another slide show or two. So be watching for that in posts to come! Talk to you all later!

No comments: