Friday, February 20, 2009

Ambitious?

So the other day Jordan and I attended a LANL student meeting where some one called us ambitious, she meant it totally as a compliment. But we were talking about everything we are doing and Aden and all and she called us determined and ambitious. I never thought of us being either of these things really. It really hit me and made me think, "Wow, I guess we kind of are." It's just such a strange concept to me because I don't feel like we are doing anything more then what we can. It honestly feels like we are barely able to do what is expected of us. But when I think about it more I remember that we are both going to be 25 with our masters degrees. Anyways, I know this is turning out to be a pat on the back but I was just so surprised to be considered ambitious, when Jordan and I are both just working towards giving Aden the best life possible.

But on to more amusing/gross things. Maybe you all would like to hear about our first Valentine's Day as newlyweds....HAHA Well the whole thing actually starts on Friday, I'm in class taking notes on covariance and other lovely finance things when my cell phone rings. I look down at the caller ID and see "The ARK," which many of you know is my son's day care. So I slipped out of class to answer the phone, and just as I suspected, "Aden is sick, he's throwing up and we need you to come and get him." It's never a good sign when the day care calls you. So I drove the 45 minute trip to Santa Fe to pick him up, thankfully Jordan's parents were right behind me (they were coming for the weekend to help us) so they took him while I turned right back around to pick up Jordan and the rest of our carpool.

So now it's Saturday, so instead of getting sweet poems or kisses I was getting Finance equations and a pop quiz! yay... Then Jordan's parents and us had a nice day of shopping in the downtown area of Santa Fe. Aden was feeling much better and seemed to be back at 100%. I felt a little funny all day, can't really describe it, I didn't feel bad so I thought nothing of it. We went to a Cuban restaurant for lunch and I got tamales with red chile and black beans. So now we are on our way home and I start to feel really bad. I put my head back and try to sleep a little while Jordan drives the windy road home. We are literally just about to pull onto our street, and I feel it. From the pit of my stomach is this awful feeling, I feel a sweat crawl up the back of my neck and my checks are flushed. "Jordan, you might need to pull over."

"Now? Can you make it?"

(sound of the window rolling down) Blah!

couldn't make it. I splattered the side of the truck with what can only be described as a rose colored liquid. It was even more embarrassing because we had to give a stranded friend a ride home from Santa Fe as well. So I had Jordan's Mom and Dad, our friend Alex, and my husband listen to me get sick all over our truck on Valentine's Day....

Seesh...guess the romance is gone for sure now!

*NOTE: This story was requested in blog form by my sister. She thought it was hilarious and so did I so I thought I would share. Hope I didn't gross you out! (P.S. I have no shame...)*

No comments: