Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

We had the nicest weekend for Easter. We had Jordan's Parents, Aunt Chita and Uncle Charlie, Oscar and Sylvia, and Josh and Lance here, and my Mom, Grandma and Grandpa Seal and my awesome Aunt Pam. It was so nice we made a big meal for everybody on Saturday before Easter Vigil, and then we went to Church that night for about 3 hours! It was a beautiful service. Jordan and I fought the tears as Pam and Josh baptized our son. It was such a proud overwhelming feeling of joy. And the woman that runs the nursery at Church on Sunday's made Aden the prettiest little gown. And then we were confirmed as Francis and Nicole, named for our patron Saints of St. Francis and St. Nicolas. My Grandparents were my sponsor and Chita and Charlie were Jordan's sponsors. And then I received my first holy communion, I was very nervous and tried to follow what the people in front of me were doing but I still messed up a little. I think it was just a lot of pressure to get it right and then I received communion from our priest so that was added pressure. We are so grateful that our family could share this with us, it made everything that much more special. And maybe someday when we are so busy we can be a sponsor couple for someone else.

But the Easter bunny was very generous to Aden this year, he got a basketball set, sandbox, tee ball set, tons of Easter candy and money, clothes (like I said, second Christmas!). And he also got some beautiful gifts for his Christening as well. I want to post pictures of some of them later. I also have pictures from this weekend to post, but I'll have to do it later.

Oh and on a side note we got about a foot of snow on Saturday here, I can't believe this crazy weather because today it's already 50 degrees outside and melting off. Nuts!

No comments: